Notice: this event has taken place on May 26, 2023 17:00:00. You can no longer sign-up for this event.
ActiZ-WDTM Innovation Award: Registration deadline (NL)
Pitch your idea and stand a chance of winning the ActiZ-WDTM Innovation Award!
ActiZ and care technology association WDTM want to encourage startups that can accelerate care innovation in home and elderly care. Therefore, the parties are organising a pitch competition for promising startups for the second year in a row. The Anders Werken in de Zorg movement supports this initiative.
The final takes place on Thursday 15 June on the main stage of the Care & ICT Exhibition. The winner will receive the ActiZ-WDTM Innovation Award and can use the experience and network of a professional support team for three months.
To be ready for the future, it is crucial that home and elderly care continue to innovate. This innovation is already taking place, but not at the speed and scale required. This is why ActiZ and WDTM are calling on innovative startups to help accelerate care innovation in home and elderly care.
Do you have an innovative solution for the future of care? Then register your startup now for the pitch competition. Submit your pitch presentation, answer the questionnaire and stand a chance of being invited to give your pitch live during the Zorg & ICT Beurs in the Jaarbeurs in Utrecht. An expert jury drawn from healthcare governance, finance and business will judge the pitches and announce the winning start-up at the end of the day.
The jury members
- Alexander van Cappellen, CIO 3.0 of Zorgboog (healthcare and chairman of the jury)
- Gertjan van Rossum, director of IFOZ (investor)
- Martijn Rademakers, winner ActiZ-WDTM Innovation Award 2022 and CEO TONOS
- Vinood Mangroelal, CEO KPN Health
- Jef Mol, chairman Board of Directors Santé Partners (healthcare)
- Simone Meertens, director at ZuidOostZorg and Anders Werken in de Zorg (healthcare)
Can your startup participate?
Participating startups must meet the following requirements:
- You can enter the competition with a promising startup that has a clear focus on home and elderly care.
- You are available on Thursday 15 June between 13.30 and 16.00 for a live pitch of your startup during the Care & ICT fair in the Jaarbeurs in Utrecht
- The selection and judging will focus on the impact your innovative solution has on the care process. Not only time or cost savings are considered, but also elements such as improving the quality of care, easing the work of care workers or increasing job satisfaction.
- The startup’s innovation should not be older than four years (2019) and the startup should have at least two co-founders.
- The startup’s turnover for the year 2022 should not exceed EUR 250,000.
Prize for best pitch
The winner will win the ActiZ-WDTM Innovation Award, giving him or her a unique opportunity to benefit from three months of guidance and a rich network to take your startup further. This is offered from a unique guidance team. This team includes:
- Alexander van Capellen (Zorgboog)
- Marieke de Jong (director at Eilandzorg and Anders Werken in de Zorg)
- Martijn Rademakers (TONOS Care)
- Elles Visscher (Zilveren Kruis)
- Joost Adams (ActiZ, Anders Werken in de Zorg)
- Jan-Willem Heeg (Tinybots)
- Tonko Wedda (WDTM)
In addition, the winning start-up will receive a spot at the Anders Werken in de zorg congress in late 2023.
You can apply until 26 May 2023 5pm by sending your pitch presentation and completed questionnaire to , stating ‘Pitch competition’. Startups will be notified no later than 2 June whether they will be allowed to participate in the finals on 15 June.
Want to know more?
Do you have questions or want to know more about the pitch competition? If so, please contact Joost Adams of ActiZ at or Tonko Wedda of WDTM at .
ActiZ and WDTM