Notice: this event has taken place on August 31, 2023 00:00:00. You can no longer sign-up for this event.
Deadline: Startupper of the Year 2023 (NL)
StartUpper of the Year 2023 – The search for the most inspiring entrepreneur in the Rijk van Nijmegen region has begun!
We thought it was time to organise the election for the starter of the year in Rijk van Nijmegen. There are countless valuable and special startups that deserve praise. Not just by winning, but by nominating at all. On 26 October 2023, we’ll roll out the red carpet for all startups from the Rijk van Nijmegen region and choose the leading startup entrepreneur of 2023.
The Startupper of the Year will be organised for the first time this year. Every startup entrepreneur can apply himself or herself, but it’s also possible for someone else to apply you. There are a few criteria you have to meet to compete in the election as StartUpper of the Year.
- The company must not have been registered with the Chamber of Commerce for more than five years. The startup must be registered with the Chamber of Commerce, but this must not be more than five years ago. So the company must not have registered with the Chamber of Commerce before 26 October 2018 with the company the company is registering with for the Startupper of the Year.
- The startup must be located in the region Rijk van Nijmegen. Municipalities of Beuningen, Berg en Dal, Druten, Heumen, Mook and Middelaar, Nijmegen, and Wijchen.
- The entrepreneur must have done something innovative with his or her startup. When we talk about a leading company, we refer to something that is unique compared to others. People talk about this company with admiration because it is making or will make a difference within his or her industry. The company develops innovative solutions or improves existing ones, which makes it stand out and has the potential to become a successful and thriving business.
- The entrepreneur must possess an unwavering drive and motivation. Drive and motivation are essential for the success and growth of the business. The entrepreneur is willing to push boundaries, overcome obstacles, and face challenges. The entrepreneur is driven to realise his or her vision and proceeds with determination to achieve this goal.
Curious about the other assessment criteria? You can find them in the application form.
To give each starter a fair chance, a jury of five experienced entrepreneurs has been formed to choose the most promising startupper of 2023. The jury consists of:
- Chantal Peters (Paper Factory Nijmegen, Kien24 and EKI)
- John Brom (Wethouder Werk en Inkomen Armoedebeleid Economie Binnenstad en Toerisme en Eigenaar bij de Glasambulance en de Slotambulance)
- Sander Hendrix (MANNA)
- Jeanne van Ittersum (Treashure Taarten)
- Monique Delsink (Kletskoppen Organisatie en Advies)
Of course, the winner of the Startupper of the Year does not go home empty-handed. In fact, we give away a prize worth €2,500 to the Startupper of the Year 2023. This can be spent freely on or in one’s own company.
The presentation of the Startupper of the Year will take place at Brouwerij Florijn (Mariënburg 67, 6511 PS Nijmegen) on 26 October 2023. We’ll roll out the red carpet for you from 19:00. After a short programme and the festive presentation of the Startupper of the Year, we will conclude festively. Register for the award ceremony as a visitor to the Startupper of the Year via Eventbrite from 1 September. More information on the evening programme and registration will follow.
You can apply for the Startupper of the Year here!
You can nominate your own start-up, but it is also possible to nominate another company. The application procedure runs from Thursday 25 May 2023 to 28 August 2023.